India finally achieved her status as a Soveriegnity and became free from the suppression of British on the midnight of 15 August 1947 . 71 years later while we are continuing on the path to regain our past glory as the country with highest GDP in the world there are our share of problems too which we have to face. On the account of our 71st independence from imperial rule imposed on us Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered a speech to the nation . Here are the Key Highlights ;
1. From Sudarshan Chakradhari Mohan to Charkhadhari Mohan we are celebrating our historical and cultural heritage .
2. India remembers her son and daughters who sacrificed themselves to attain this freedom .
3. Indians should stand shoulder to shoulder with their fellow countrymen who were affected by natural disasters and Gorakhpur Tragedy.
4. 2017 is an year of specialities since we are celebrating 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement , 100th anniversary of Champaran Satyagraha and 125th anniversary of Ganesh Utsav.
5. Our country had shown collective power from 1942 to 1947 , let’s show the same power and commitment over the next 5 years .
6. 1st January 2018 won’t be any ordinary day. Those born in this decade will turn 18 then . They’re the BHAGYA VIDHATAS of this nation who will take the nation forward .
7. No one is big or small in our nation . Together we can bring positive changes to our country .
8. ‘Chalta Hai’ attitude won’t work anymore . We will have to adapt to the ‘Badal Sakta Hai’ attitude to take our nation on the path of progress .
9. Those who have looted the nation and looted the poor won’t be getting a peaceful sleep today.
10. GST has shown the spirit of cooperative federalism . The people of the nation have come together to support GST and technology has been instrumental in making it work .
11. India is on its path to glory . Nations have come together to support us in this fight against terrorism . I sincerely thank them .
12. Neither Goli not Gaali can work for Kashmir . Change will only come when we embrace every Kashmiri .
13. We will continue our fight against the black money , corruption and would bring in more technology to ensure transparency .
14. Black money worth Rs. 2 lakh crore was recovered post demonitisation , and registration of 1.75 lakh companies have been cancelled .
15. Violence in the name of faith will not be tolerated . Before independence it was Bharat chhodo . Now the slogan should be Bharat Jodo .
16. Corruption will not be tolerated in the country . Everyone will be answerable .
17. We are taking the nation on a new path of development and are continuing with velocity .
18. We will create an India where every poor owns a house and has access to electricity and water . An India where farmer sleeps in peace and his income grows by 2 folds in 2022 . An India where young women get opportunities in every field . An India which is free from terrorism , corruption , dynasty politics , communalism and casteism . And finally an India which is clean and healthy . Let’s come together and move in this path of development .
19. In this 70th to 75th year of Independence let’s pledge to come together and take the nation forward.
20. Bharat Maata Ki Jai , Vande Mataram .
We hope India moves ahead in a glorious path.